Tuesday, January 4, 2011

{Pattern Review} Simplicity 4384

I hope that everyone had a Happy New Year!!!  I definitely had a great one.  I spent my New Year's in Virginia celebrating my brother-in-law's retirement party.  He spent 24 years in the US Army.  Thank you so much for serving our country!!!!!  It was wonderful!  As his retirement gift my sister bought a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro.  It was awesome and such a special gift.

I have had so many ideas and New Year's resolution on how I will change this year.  I just hope I will be able to fulfill my goals.

I just finished Simplicity pattern 4384 and before I go any further let me tell you, I had so much fun sewing these pants because they are super easy, super fast, and just a cute pair of interchangeable pants for a little girl.  Here is my pattern review for Simplicity 4384:


Pattern Description:
Easy to sew child's jumper, skirt, pants, jacket and poncho. I chose view C which is the child's pants

Pattern Sizing:
I cut a size 8


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes it did

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy to follow

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like this pattern because if you are looking for a quick pair of pants that can be dressed up or down for your child this is it. The instructions were super easy to follow and the pants turned out great!

Fabric Used: Cotton twill

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: My daughter is tall like me so I measured the pants on her first and made my own hem to fit her.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I would sew this again and I do recommend this to others that are looking for a quick pair or pants that can be interchanged with a shirt, sweater or jacket.

Conclusion: I made these pants to go with the jacket that I recently reciewed which is McCall's 5697. I think that the two garments are great together. My daughter will be able to wear this to church or when we go out on the weekends. I am super happy with the way these pants turned out and I definitely recommend this to beginner's as well as others who need a quick pair of pants that can be interchanged with different types of tops!

Here is the finished product:





I have so many things I would like to sew for 2011 so I will keep you posted!!
Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment