Sunday, December 19, 2010

{Mission Unaccomplished....But Completed}

During the last post, I wanted to complete McCall pattern 5697 by December 7, 2010.  As you can see I did not complete the project by the date but indeed it is complete.  Now I am not going to bore you with all different types of excuses but I will say this, have you ever had a picture in your mind about how you want something to look and when you go to shop for the items you can not find them?  Well this was sort of my situation.  My mom picked out the fabric from Joann Fabrics and Crafts during the after-Thanksgiving sale.  I got off to a good start cutting, pinning and sewing.  The notions needed for this jacket was three 1' buttons.  In my mind, I pictured some cute little pink buttons shaped like a flower.  Well several stores later, I found every color but pink so in the end I just ended up settling for the black round ones just so I could finish and post.  So here is the finish project


and here is the back..

I really had fun with this pattern although I messed up a little with the serger but like a lady told me a long time ago, "anything can be fixed or covered up."




No comments:

Post a Comment