Thursday, February 10, 2011

{Sewing} My New Baby

I have been so busy making Valentine gifts for my girls.  (You will see in a later post).  I have been sewing left and right to ensure that I am done on time.  Well I was on my last pair of pants last night and “pop” went my serger.  I was so upset because this was the last pair of pants and now this happens.  I tried to re-thread, adjust the needles, and do just about everything that you can think of and still….the serger would not work.  It is so ironic that this should happen to me because in our local Sunday’s paper there was an ad for a free maintenance check.  I told my husband it is about time for me to get my sewing machine serviced but really I forgot about it.   Once this happened last night, the first thing I did this morning was to start researching for another serger.  I looked at different features and was amazed.  I have purchased several  sewing magazines for the longest and I always see an ad for a Baby Lock product and I immediately went to Baby Lock’s website.   I have read so many good reviews and I think the whole “swoosh” jet-air threading had me mesmerized.  It takes me so long to thread my serger.  I wanted to see this machine but there are no local sewing centers here.   The nearest sewing machine center is in Savannah, Georgia which is about 45 minutes away.  My husband suggested that I just get the serger fixed and I said he was right, I will just get it fix.  If I was taking my serger to be fixed, I thought I might as well take my sewing machine also so that it can be serviced.  I loaded up my sewing machine and serger and off to Savannah I went.  The man was sooo nice and stated that he would be able to fix it.  Then he asked how did I like my sewing machine.  I stated that it was O.K. that I had this machine for like 10 years now, and I was really considering an upgrade once I did my research on sewing machines. 

He showed me a demonstration on this machine below:

Janome Magnolia 7330



I think that I blanked out because while driving I looked in the back seat, and I had a new sewing machine!   So totally not what I went there for but I really did want to upgrade.  I am still getting my sewing machine serviced and will pass it down to my daughter.  As far as the serger I will keep it but the cool thing about the new Janome is that I will not even have to use the serger!

What type of machine do you own?

No comments:

Post a Comment